Your child is provided with a kosher* lunch each day in the air-conditioned lunch room. The Camp lunch is reviewed by nutritionists who make recommendations on menu items that will be varied, nutritious, and appealing to children, and provides alternatives.
- Menus are posted online prior to each Camp season and are subject to change due to availability or freshness.
- Beverages, fruits, vegetables (baby carrots, celery sticks, salad) and snack are always provided. Ice water, 1% white milk and 1% chocolate milk are served with non-meat meals, and sugar free juice drinks and ice water are served with meat meals.
- Non-sugar cereal (Cheerios, Rice Crispies, Chex), peanut butter, soy butter, sun butter, and jelly are available every day.
- Yogurt and bagels and cream cheese are available on non-meat days.
- Tuna fish and bagels and margarine are available on meat days.
- For refreshing afternoon snacks, Camp provides non dairy ices and popsicles on meat days and ice cream, ices and popsicles on non-meat days.
- Ingredients and nutritional information is provided for items served at lunch - just click on that item on the online menu below and it should come up. In addition, one of our nurses is responsible for overseeing what is being served each day and communicating with our parents. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, or during Camp in the Camp Nurses Office
- Please do not send lunch to camp. If you need to send your camper with food from home for medical reasons, you must have approval from the camp director, who can be reached at email@example.com. It is our goal to be able to provide appropriate alternatives so that sending lunch becomes unnecessary.
- For a list of gluten free items, please click here.
- During the 9 days preceding the observance of Tisha B'Av, no meat is served.
We recognize that each camper has different tastes and not every child will enjoy every part of every meal. But now more than ever, each camper will have more of a variety of choices to choose from. We hope you enjoy our camp lunch program. We welcome input to help us get even better.
JCC CAMPS AT MEDFORD LUNCH MENU-SUMMER 2014
Click on the lunch items below to learn about their nutritional information and ingredients.
Additional Nutrition Information
Snack Food Policy
Some parents choose to send a frozen water bottle or juice box as well as a snack for their child for the bus ride home.
*Supervised by the Tri-County Va'ad Kashruth to ensure food is kosher.